June 30, 2009
1) The farmer’s almanac said that this would be one of the rainiest summers on record for New England. It baffles me how they predict such things, but so far, they are right.
2) Despite #1, the sun is out and I’m feeling good. A walk to the park during lunch might be in order.
3) The S’s (along with a fun little group of friends) are going camping this weekend! First time all summer. we’re such bad lesbians.
4) Number 3 made me think of our changing relationships with friends. Shifted focus to growing our family has had a profound effect on our friendships. Some have strengthened, some have been strained.
5) We have a couple friends (well, really more like acquaintances or friends-of-friends) who are transitioning. Thus, the trans conversation has come up quite frequently.
6) Sometimes I’m astonished by the ignorance and prejudice that is present within the gay and lesbian community (see #5).
7) So far on my camping packing list: marshmallows, chocolate, grahams, deck of cards.
8 ) Andrea joined the gym I (infrequently) attend last week. I’m hoping this will encourage me to go more since the #1 reason for me skipping is b/c I want to spend time with her. Two birds, one stone.
9) I hate my entire wardrobe. Getting dressed is like nails on a chalkboard (or in my case, the sounds of styrofoam ::shudder::).
10) I’ve gotten to hold/play with/smooch the cubby cheeks of a baby every day for the past 5 or 6 days. This makes me a very happy girl.
June 26, 2009
Am I the only blogger who is highly amused by the search terms that have led people to their blog?
*FYI for non-wordpressers: WP records the specific phrases that people have used in search engines that subsequently led them to your blog’s url. *
Some of my search terms are not that surprising. For example: bird mobile (this has led 23 unsuspecting folks to my little blog – who knew how popular they were?!), nature theme nursery, and growing happy family.
But then there are others that have provided much amusement…
– mommie perhaps
– our family grew by 2 feet
– illuminate connecticut crime
– sewing talking parrots
– pregnant cooking
– running cooking
Running cooking? Who would search for that?? And imagine how disappointed those people who want to ‘illuminate connecticut crime’ were? lol
And the kicker: Tied to a chair because I want her picture
What?! And want to know why that’s really disturbing? That phrase has 5 hits.
Who are these people?
June 25, 2009
Disclaimer(s): I probably could have edited these down…a lot. So get cozy. And, you’ll quickly notice my obsession with photographing flowers, especially when they are poking through white picket fences.
Enjoy the (slide)show!
June 23, 2009
That’s how long we’ve been waiting for a placement, a phone call, anything.
I wonder how much longer we’ll have to wait?
June 22, 2009
I’m taking a break from my 151 emails (151 was after I sorted/deleted those that didn’t require an immediate response. oh the joy) to wave hello! We thoroughly enjoyed the break from work (hence the 100+ emails) and a week filled with cuddles, naps, good food, friends, and occasional sunshine. The vacation couldn’t have come at a better time and we appreciated every second of it.
And what’s better than a week at the cape? Seeing two of your closest friends get married at a stunning organic farm in VT – that’s what. We had such a blast, it was far and away the most fun I’ve ever had at a wedding. Following the ceremony and a delicious dinner, everyone changed into comfy clothes, ran and played in the sprawling green lawn, and gathered around a bonfire with sweet or funny or scary stories to share. PERFECT ending to a beautiful week.
Many, many pictures to come! But for now, back to those emails….
June 12, 2009
In less than 24 hours we’ll be off on our yearly ptown trip. The to-do list I’ve got sitting between now and then is a little daunting, but, as always, it’ll get done and the relaxing will take its place shortly. Following our stay on the cape, we’re heading up to VT for a wedding! Which means you’ll be missing me for quite a while…to soften the blow, I’ll leave you with a few glimpses of Ptown from years past. Surely you’ll see why this is one of my favorite places in the world.
Happy Anniversary my love!