May 29, 2009
CD1, Cycle #2
As suspected, Andrea’s not pregnant. So, we’re on to try #2! I’m feeling really good about this try for a few reasons:
1) Its always good to have the first out of the way. Now we know what to expect without those first-time jitters.
2) Even less of a chance that a pregnancy will interfere with BIL’s wedding next January. If this works, due date wont be until March so we should be good! Bonus: due date might actually fall on my mom’s bday. that’s kinda cute.
3) We’ll be on vaca for some portion of the tww. definitely the way to do it 🙂
May 28, 2009
So, its been about 3 weeks since we’ve completed our foster certification without any word from DCF. So, this morning I called “to make sure they have everything they need”. Which really means: what’s taking so long? Why the F haven’t we gotten a call if you’re so desperate for homes? Why was it such a rush to get the paperwork done and in just to wait for 3 weeks?!?
And her response? “Can you call back this evening? I can’t seem to find your file at the moment.”
::bangs head on desk::
May 28, 2009
Today is CD30 (14DPO) and Andrea is 2 days late.
She’s had 27/28 day cycles every single month since her first. But here we are at CD30 with negative preg tests at 11, 13, and 14 dpo. Confused? So are we.
I think we’re gonna have to start temping again for next cycle. There is just too much unknowing in between the days without it.
May 23, 2009
The other night I was talking on the phone with my mom. It was our weekly chat about all the stuff she’s picked up and treasures she’s found for our future foster child. I love that she’s so excited and (on occasion) she does pick some stuff that we really like. Last week she got us a new dia.per ge.nie – sweet! This week I got reports of a high chair – double sweet! I could probably live without the scary circus/clown/balloon nursery hanging….but, of course we’re gracious and accept all gifts. And it overfills my heart to have her support and excitement.
Until she winded down the converstation with: “I’m just so excited. Imagine how excited I would be if it were a *real* blood grandchild!”
Ouch. ::radio silence::
“I’m glad you love all of God’s children, but you know what I mean.”
I didn’t have the heart (or courage) to tell her she probably won’t ever be seeing a “blood” grandchild. The things people say without even realizing…
May 20, 2009
Apparently sewing is not so much my thing….this sad little bird took me a full hour last night. And his stuffing is poking out of his tail. What did I get myself into??
May 19, 2009
1) Waiting is hard….especially when you are waiting for two very big things at the same time.
2) As hard as it is, I think we’re doing a pretty good job of keeping level heads and open hearts.
3) I feel pretty today. I’m relishing it because its been a while.
4) Yesterday we celebrated 1 year of home ownership. That year was our fastest yet – went by in a blink!
5) Anyone have tips on how to make life slow the f down?? seriously!
6) A’s 30th is coming up and I need to get going on party plans.
7) Thank goodness for three day weekends. And we’ve got our yearly ptown vaca coming up. ahhhhh sweet relief.
8 ) My mom is going to be a great grandma. I don’t have any right to complain about anything. But I would really like it if she stopped picking up things left by the side of the road for our future children. And lets add to that nursery decor….eventually she’s going to notice that I’m not hanging up any of what she’s given me. Like I said, I don’t have a right to complain about anything.
9) I need to start touring daycares and getting our name on waiting lists. I don’t know why – of all the things we’ve done to prepare – this is the piece of the puzzle I choose to procrastinate on.
10) I received some good news on the job front this week. Even on my toughest days I recognize how lucky I am we are to have the jobs we do.
May 15, 2009
For the nursery is going to be this:
How cute?! I’m in love with the different fabric patterns – and I think it’ll go well with the nature semi-theme we’ve started. Now, if only I could find some free time…..
May 14, 2009
crap. this blog has turned into nothing but password protected posts, but email me for the password and it won’t seem nearly as annoying. i promise.
Anyway, the wife and I attended a little celebration in honor of foster parent month yesterday evening. We had a great time seeing all the foster families together in one place. And I could have spent all evening watchin the kids rock out with the musicians – so cute! some of them had some pretty sweet moves! hehe 🙂
It was just really nice to picture what our life might be like in a few months.
They also lit a luminary to represent every 10 children currently in care in CT. There were over 500. This is just a glimpse.