Many of you will already know the basics, but just to ensure that we’re all on the same page, I’ll begin with some bullet-ed stats:
- I’m E, the red-head in the pic below, generally known as a kind person and good friend with a wicked sarcastic streak and a take-no-prisoners goal oriented approach. Hobbies include cooking, entertaining, crafting, photography, and getting my way.
- That cute brunette standing next to me is my wife, A. She’s a social butterfly and athlete without a single mean bone in her body. She’s incredibly generous and a wonderful supporter (read: she does a great job of keeping up with my crazy dreams).
- A and I have been together for over 10 years (insert joke about how we met when we were 3…i know you were thinking it, we get it all the time). The cheesiest simplest way to explain our relationship is that we complete each other; I can’t imagine my life without her. I’m madly in love with that woman.
- Our family currently consists of 3 pets: Mickey was our first (a cat). He’s a stoic old man whom we adopted from the humane society – he was 12 years old and a cranky bastard, so no one would adopt him. Naturally, I just had to take him home. And I’m so glad we did…he’s fab-u-lous. More personality in that cat than in many of the people I’ve met. Then came Lilly (a dog, but just barely). She was a hurricane Katrina rescue – as neurotic as she is sweet. Certifiably crazy, but we love her to no end. Rounding out the group is our second cat, Kylie. Ooooh, where do I begin with this one? A stray that adopted us last summer, she has been the source of much joy, and much frustration. But she’s just so gosh darn cute, she has got us wrapped around her little paw. We’re over the moon for our latest addition.
- So why the blog? Well, as if our kooky bunch wasn’t enough, its time to throw some human babies into the mix. A and I adore kids and have worked with them our entire lives (its how we met, in fact); the desire to become mothers is as inherent as breathing (or in my case, eating cookies!) Our chosen method of mother-making is for A to hopefully conceive and carry a bio child. And, since we never do anything the easy way, we have also begun the process of becoming licensed foster parents – a dream of mine for a long, long time. We expect this ride to be busy, crazy, unpredictable, rewarding, and tough so its my hope that having a blog to document feelings, updates, frustrations and successes will be a powerful tool to weather the storm. That, and I find reading other blogs to be a great source of information, entertainment, and community so perhaps mine will do the same for someone else.
- Some housekeeping tips: 1) I’m a business consultant, not an english teacher. Yes, my grammar and spelling is atrocious, please forgive – or just ignore. 2) I’m wordy (perhaps you’ve noticed?) 3) I love respectful feedback of any kind. Too shy to post here? my email is email@example.com – feel free to use it for questions as well.
And we’re off!